I’ve never really liked potato salad. There’s something about cold potato that weirds me out. German potato salad I like, because it’s warm and has bacon. But it’s summer, and while we are getting plenty of potatoes from our CSA, German potato salad is not a summery dish. Especially not when we’re a few days away from breaking the record for 100-degree days here in Austin.
This potato salad might make me a convert.
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 bunch arugula, torn into pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but not mushy - approximately 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil together in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes and run under cold water briefly. Transfer to bowl and stir. Add arugula, bacon, and green onion and mix well. Serve immediately, room temperature, or cold.
For more cooking inspiration, check out my Recipes from Stetted board on Pinterest.
Follow Megan Myers | Stetted’s board Recipes from Stetted on Pinterest.