If you follow along on my Twitter account, you know it has been a crazy month already. I think I thrive on crazy, though. Here’s a few bits to share with you for the weekend!
- The July-August issue of Hobby Farms is out, and with it my recipes for Roasted Tomato and Basil Cheese (pictured above), Eggplant Parmesan Hoagies, and Zucchini, Chorizo and Pecan Pasta. There’s also a recipe for Peach Barbecue Chicken available online only. I have been loving writing this column, so grab a copy or check it out online!
- The lovely Vanilla Bean Baker is a sponsor this month. Paula makes gorgeous cookie creations. Be sure to visit her site, and if you’re interested in being a sponsor just click the Sponsor link in the menu bar.
- I’m not really going to dive into politics here, but I want to stress how important it is to VOTE in not just the national elections. Texas ranks last in the country for voter turnout, probably due to lots of reasons, but the feeling that nothing we do will change things is likely top among them. No matter where you live, it’s important to make your voice heard.
- If you live in Austin, you should attend the Austin Food Blogger Alliance’s Second Annual Cupcakes & Cocktails event! This tasty event is raising money for ARC, which provides services for mentally challenged residents in our area. Last year’s event was a blast, and the silent auction this year is sure to be filled with great items. Learn more and get tickets.
- Finally, we welcomed our new son into the family on the morning of July 4th (Independence Day, indeed!) after a very quick labor. I’ve recovered quickly and was even baking a couple days after getting home. Baby M is perfect and big brother R is completely in love. Thanks to everyone who has sent well-wishes!