Read on for a chance to win a gift basket full of morning essentials, including four pounds of Wide Eyes Organic Coffees.
I love the morning coffee ritual. Not so much the waking up part, but brewing up that first cup. Pouring the water over fresh-ground beans (I use a Chemex brewer when I’m not using the Keurig; the extra time is worth it), watching it transform into coffee, and taking that first sip. I fell in love with the aroma of coffee long before I drank it – I might be known to stick my whole face into a fresh package of beans – and my son, at age 5, already loves to take a big whiff of my mug.
Recently I heard about an organic, fair trade coffee based out of San Antonio. We do have a lot of great coffee roasters here in Austin, but organic and fair trade products are important to me, so I was keen to try this roaster: Wide Eyes Organic Coffees.
Fair trade means that the farmers are paid a good wage and are able to provide for their families, and it also promotes good business ethics and environmental sustainability. For products like coffee and cocoa, which do not grow in the United States, it’s important to buy from companies who utilize fair trade practices. I’m happy to see a local company like Wide Eyes embracing fair trade.
Available in six different roasts (including decaf for when I need a little perk in the afternoon), Wide Eyes Organic Coffees are roasted in small batches with beans sourced from small farms in Mexico, Guatemala, Sumatra, and India. The Blink blend is my favorite; its chocolatey undertones make it an appealing way to start the day.
The beans themselves aren’t just people- and Earth-conscious, the bags are too! Made of biodegradable materials, the bags will decompose into organic materials that enrich soil, instead of filling up another landfill.
Would you like to win a gift basket full of Wide Eyes Organic Coffees, coffee mugs and all-natural snacks? Enter the giveaway below!
- Open to US residents only
- Giveaway closes at midnight May 30.
The gift basket includes:
- A $25 gift card you can use anywhere
- 1 pound bag of Bright Eyes Organic Espresso Roast Coffee
- 1 pound bag of Blink Organic Coffee
- 1 pound bag of Tiger’s Eye Organic Coffee
- 1 pound bag of Wink Decaffeinated Organic Coffee
- “Mandmade” Italian Biscotti biscuits
- All natural Cranberry Orange Moravian cookies
- All natural Pirouline Chocolate Lined Artisan Rolled Wafers
- New Earth Walnut Inspiration Superfood Blend
- All natural Mocha Chocolate NuGo dark chocolate protein bar
- All natural Chocolate Pretzel NuGo dark chocolate protein bar
- 2 coffee mugs
Disclaimer: Wide Eyes Organic Coffee sent me the items seen in the giveaway basket for the purpose of review.