- 3 ounces shredded broccoli
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato , about 10 ounces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mixed herbs , such as parsley, chives, and oregano
Place the broccoli and carrots n a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and steam until soft, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
Trim ends from sweet potato and twist through a spiralizer or grate with a box grater. Stir into broccoli slaw.
Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add onion, flour, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and vegetables.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, drop heaping teaspoons of batter into the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
To make sauce, heat mascarpone cheese until just barely melted. Stir in herbs. Serve with pancakes.
Adapted from Parents