- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup halved dried figs
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce jamón serrano or prosciutto , torn into pieces or sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar
- Finely chopped cilantro or parsley , for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub potatoes and slice into wedges.
Toss wedges with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, and bake for 10 minutes, then turn wedges over and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Once the second bake starts, simmer figs in a small amount of water in a saucepan for about 5 minutes to warm and plump fruit. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of water, then add walnuts and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
When potatoes are ready, move wedges to a serving platter. Scatter jamón over the top, then spoon on figs and walnuts. Sprinkle on goat cheese, then add a drizzle of fig balsamic vinegar and garnish, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving
Saturated fat: 5g