- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 teaspoon salt , divided
- 3 cups diced tomatoes , or 1 24-ounce can, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 4 ounces shredded gouda , divided
- 2 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg , beaten
- 4 leaves kale , ribs removed and leaves chopped
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles , or use regular, and cook according to package instructions
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together, then spread onto a large baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Turn oven down to 350°F.
Sauté tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt over medium heat until tomatoes have broken down. Add 3 cups roasted squash and the garlic. (Reserve the remaining squash for later.) Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Stir in sage, ginger, paprika, tarragon, and cinnamon. Stir vegetable stock and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Heat through, then purée with an immersion blender. Reserve 2 cups of the sauce for another use.
Mix together ricotta, half the gouda, Parmesan and egg.
To assemble the lasagna:
Spread about 1/2 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles on top, then spread on half of the ricotta mixture. Add half the kale, and 1 cup of roasted squash. Cover with 1 cup of sauce and repeat noodles, ricotta, kale, and squash. Cover with 1 cup of sauce, then place on last lasagna noodles. Top with remaining squash, 1/2 cup sauce, and remaining gouda cheese.
Cover dish with foil and bake for about 50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.