This was part of my Strawberry Extravangza I did for the Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24. Check out the post and enter to win homemade jam!
When I was researching recipes for my Strawberry Extravaganza, I knew I wanted to do something a little unexpected. It wasn’t too hard to jump to strawberry risotto.
I paired the strawberry risotto with some lovely grilled asparagus. I adore asparagus, and get pretty excited when it comes back in season. Asparagus is one of those things I feel I’ve wasted so much time not eating! I think I’m doing a good job making up for it, though.
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Add strawberries and blanch for 30 seconds. Remove berries, purée in a food processor, and set aside. Turn off heat and cover stock.
- Melt butter in a heavy pan over low heat. Add rice and stir constantly for 1 minute. Add wine, cooking till absorbed. Add stock, 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring constantly; allow rice to absorb each 1⁄2 cup before adding more. Rice should cook in about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in berries and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper.
For more vegetarian cooking inspiration, check out my Vegetarian board on Pinterest!
Follow Megan Myers | Stetted’s board Vegetarian on Pinterest.