This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon kebabs are flavored with fresh herbs and lemon and easy to prepare for any night of the week.
Salmon is on our dinner menu near weekly, which means I need to find new ways to prepare it to keep myself from going insane from a repetitive menu.
Since the warmer weather means we grill outside as often as we can, it was only a matter of time before I grabbed the bamboo skewers and speared up some fish one night.
Salmon kebabs are incredibly easy and can be spiced in any number of ways, but I kept them simple with lemon and fresh rosemary.
Fish doesn’t take long on the grill, so don’t walk away after putting these down on the grates. If you are grilling anything else to accompany them, be sure to have those already well on their broiled journey before cooking the salmon.
By the way, don’t worry about that white stuff that might appear on your salmon when you cook it. It’s called albumin, and is a form of protein that comes to the surface when there is moisture loss.
It’s completely harmless, but you can always scrape it off if you don’t like it. I left it on in these photos for 1) honesty and 2) my laziness.
I made these salmon kabobs for this month’s installment of Progressive Eats. Our host is Anshie Dhar of Spice Roots and she chose a kebab fest!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star review below!
It means so much when you enjoy my recipes, so let me know how it goes and leave a comment if you have any questions.
Salmon Kebobs with Rosemary
- 1 pound 1-inch-thick salmon filets, skin removed
- 1 lemon
- 1 5- inch sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Alternately, use a stovetop grill pan.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch chunks. Slice lemon thinly. Alternate salmon and lemon slices on soaked bamboo or metal skewers.
- Strip leaves from rosemary by sliding fingers down the length of the sprig from the top. Finely chop leaves and mix with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray kebabs with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary mixture all over.
- Grill kebabs for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate based on online calculators. Any nutritional information found on Stetted should be used as a general guideline only.
Check out all the recipes for this month:
- Galouti Kebabs from Spice Roots
- Salad Kebabs from Miss in the Kitchen
- Hoisin Glazed Chicken Kebabs from Healthy Delicious
- Grilled Vegetable Shish Kebabs from Mother Would Know
- How to Cook Perfect Steak Kabobs from Barbara Bakes
- Salmon Kebabs from Stetted
- Naan – A Traditional Indian Flatbread from Creative Culinary
- Basmati Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries & Almonds from The Heritage Cook
- Paneer Biryani with Cucumber Raita and Mint Chutney from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bloody Beer w/ Antipasto Kebab garnish from girlichef
I focus on fresh ingredients and easy methods, with spins that keep meals interesting. Dinnertime shouldn’t be stressful or complicated, and I’m here to help you enjoy the time spent in the kitchen. Read more…