This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When a few of my blogging friends decided to make a project out of Bon Appétit magazine’s RSVP section, I knew I wanted to participate. The RSVP section is for recipes re-created at the request of readers who loved a certain dish at a restaurant.
For the July issues I chose the Mini Buttermilk Corn Muffins. I knew they would be perfect for my Cook for the Cure brunch, but I wanted to make them a little more savory to balance out the pastries I knew we would have. Luckily I had some Dai Due molasses bacon on hand, as well as roasted hot Hatch peppers I chopped and froze last summer.
The result was a super yummy bite-sized morsel with a bit of fire at the back end. These are perfect for any meal – with an omelet, a salad, or a bowl of chili.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon generous kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted Hatch peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 16 mini muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside on paper towels to drain. Chop into small bits.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk sour cream, buttermilk, and egg in another medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter. Stir in dry ingredients. Add bacon and chopped pepper; fold just to incorporate. Divide among prepared muffin cups, about 1 generous tablespoon per cup.
- Bake mini muffins until puffed and brown around edges, 13 to 15 minutes (tops will not brown). Cool slightly. Remove muffins from pan. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Slightly adapted from Bon Appétit July 2010
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g