I have been searching for a baked doughnut pan for approximately forever. I must not have been the only one, because all of a sudden in the past 6 months or so I’ve actually been finding them. I took the opportunity to use a Sur La Table coupon to get one of those fancy pans this past weekend, and on Sunday I whipped up a batch of strawberry doughnuts.
Even though I made these on the weekend there’s no reason you couldn’t do it for a weekday breakfast (or maybe even dessert). The batter comes together in 5 minutes and the doughnuts only bake for about 8. Preposterously simple.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease doughnut pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together berries and syrup. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add milk, egg, and butter, stirring until just combined. Add berries. Fill each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until tops spring back.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan, if you can. Eat as is or dip in chocolate glaze if you're feeling naughty.
For more morning inspiration, check out my Breakfast board on Pinterest!
Follow Megan Myers | Stetted’s board Breakfast on Pinterest.