This was part of my Strawberry Extravaganza I did for the Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24.
My friends and I, we’re a little obsessed with sparkling water. We like all things bubbly, actually (Hi, Prosecco!) but sparkling water has become the go-to at work, after the morning coffee and tea. Seems logical, then, that we would tap into the spring bounty and create a tasty drink based on what has become to be known as Sparkles.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Lemon sparkling water, about 4 cans
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about five minutes, until sugar is fully dissolved, then add the mint, lemon juice, and berries. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a carafe and refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, pour in the sparkling water. Pour over ice into glasses garnished with additional berries.
- You can strain out the mint and berries before adding the sparkling water, but I like to leave them in - the flavor only intensifies!
For more recipes to jazz up your beverage game, check out my Boozy Drinks board on Pinterest!
Follow Megan Myers | Stetted’s board Boozy Drinks on Pinterest.