Double Chocolate Cookie Sticks
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is brought to you by Netflix.
What are you planning for New Year’s Eve? When I was a kid, I never understood why my parents chose to avoid the parties and just stay at home with shrimp cocktail and a movie.
Of course, now that I have kids I realize what a night out means, and you don’t necessarily want to spend those nights with a thousand other people crammed into the bar.
These days I view New Year’s Eve as a big sleepover, and we celebrate that way. Piles of popcorn, a sweet snack or two, and the remote at the ready to move us quickly through all of our favorite movies and shows.
Thanks to Netflix, our entire family’s obsession, we don’t have to worry about renting or the Be Kind, Rewind days of my childhood.
While we haven’t created the full watch list for our New Year countdown, we’ll be kicking things off (and partying with fun props) with All Hail King Julien, the new original series featuring one of my older son’s favorite characters from the Madagascar series.
He loves the crazy adventures (and Julien’s crazy voice), while I love that selfish Julien always learns a thing or two about not being so focused on himself. It’s the kind of lesson I find kids need a lot these days, especially in the aftermath of Christmas.
To help us celebrate, I made some double chocolate cookie sticks that are perfect for dunking in milk, hot cocoa, or even coffee (hey, you’re staying up until midnight, right?).
They’re even gluten free, thanks to Bob’s Red Mill 1-for-1 Baking Flour, which makes any baking recipe gluten free in a snap.
These sticks are double baked for ultimate crispness, but if you prefer, you can skip the second bake. Just be sure to let them cool completely before serving for ultimate dunking power.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star review below! It means so much when you enjoy my recipes, so let me know how it goes and leave a comment if you have any questions.
Double Chocolate Cookie Sticks
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, leaving excess to hang over the edge, and grease the paper with cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until smooth in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, then mix into wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into pan (it will be thick) and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Remove cookies from pan by lifting out parchment. Slice cookies into sticks.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet, then arrange cookie sticks on top. Bake another 10 minutes, then turn off oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Serve with milk for dunking.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate based on online calculators. Any nutritional information found on Stetted should be used as a general guideline only.
I focus on fresh ingredients and easy methods, with spins that keep meals interesting. Dinnertime shouldn’t be stressful or complicated, and I’m here to help you enjoy the time spent in the kitchen. Read more…