This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everyone loves pie. Everyone loves pizza. I don’t think everyone is quite sold on quiche yet, but it turns out if you call something a pie it turns from “Ewwww!” to “Yum!”
At least among the under-4 set.
This recipe uses more liquid than I typically use for quiche, but I might have to switch over. This quiche is so light and fluffy, and when it comes out of the oven it is gorgeously puffed up. Kale isn’t typically a pizza topping, but I never pass up an opportunity to throw it into something I can get my kid to eat.
The tomatoes and pepperoni do sink to the bottom and the kale floats on top for the most part. This is not to the quiche’s detriment. After all, you’re not going to eat it in layers, are you? That would be weird.
- 1 prepared pie crust in 9-inch pan
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup kale, torn into bits
- 10 slices pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk and cream and stir well.
- Scatter kale, pepperoni, and tomatoes in crust. Pour over egg mixture, and stir toppings to evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, and bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is puffed and golden brown.
i have been putting kale on my pizzas lately and loving it, so we should start a trend!
What a GREAT take on pizza/quiche!
This looks so very good! I can see why your husband wanted you to make more! Thank you for sharing. Two of my favorite foods rolled into one!
Quiche is great, pizza is great, of course it works! And way to sneak some kale into the dish…tricky tricky!