Everyone loves pie. Everyone loves pizza. I don’t think everyone is quite sold on quiche yet, but it turns out if you call something a pie it turns from “Ewwww!” to “Yum!”
At least among the under-4 set.
This recipe uses more liquid than I typically use for quiche, but I might have to switch over. This quiche is so light and fluffy, and when it comes out of the oven it is gorgeously puffed up. Kale isn’t typically a pizza topping, but I never pass up an opportunity to throw it into something I can get my kid to eat.
- 1 prepared pie crust in 9-inch pan
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup kale , torn into bits
- 10 slices pepperoni , diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk and cream and stir well.
- Scatter kale, pepperoni, and tomatoes in crust. Pour over egg mixture, and stir toppings to evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, and bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is puffed and golden brown.
For more morning inspiration, check out my Breakfast board on Pinterest!