This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I saw the challenge on FoodBuzz to create a simple recipe using dried plums, my mind starting to come up with all sorts of ideas. The fact that we’re limited to only using six ingredients (not including salt, pepper, oil, and the plums) makes it all the more interesting.
This is the first of three recipes I played with for the contest, and is the one I entered!
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried plums, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core cherry tomatoes at an angle, being careful not to go through the bottom. Scrape out seeds, leaving tomato as hollow as possible.
- Mix together ricotta and plums. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel garlic cloves and slice thinly along horizontal axis.
- Stuff tomatoes with ricotta-plum mixture. Top each tomato with a slice of garlic and place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until garlic has softened and cheese is slightly bubbly.