When I was a kid, I remember going to a local farm for the sugar run. Let me tell you, there is nothing quite like freshly created maple syrup, drizzled warm over vanilla ice cream. Hoo boy. I wish I had some right now.
I do have the syrup. Thanks to my mom, we have a hookup for Wisconsin maple syrup on the cheap. Which means I have about 2.5 quarts of maple syrup. And with all these apples in my fridge, it just made sense to make muffins. Of course.
The maple in these muffins adds just enough of special flavor to make these stand out from ordinary muffins. Toddler approved!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more to drizzle
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease muffin tins.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and syrup until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Mix in apples, and gradually add flour mixture. Batter will be very thick at this point - gently mix in milk.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and drizzle a small amount of syrup over the top of each. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Best eaten while hot but are excellent the next day at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g