Mini Reese’s Cookie Bites are a fun snack to have on hand for your next TV-watching binge. This post is brought to you on behalf of Netflix.
I am a snacker. Growing up, I may not have eaten any vegetables outside of corn, carrots, and forced-down peas, but I had my snacking game down. After school, after dinner, and of course while watching TV, we always had something to munch on. These days it’s much the same, though I try to stick to things like BBQ roasted chickpeas or roasted veggie dip served with carrot sticks.
I said try. I mean, who can resist bite-size cookies, especially when something dramatic is about to happen on a favorite show? Like I can get through an emotional death scene without cookies.
When I was a kid we didn’t really have the opportunity to watch many shows in a row, unless you count the many hours spent absorbing MTV back when they only played videos. Granted, as I’ve gotten older, I don’t have much time to watch TV either. When I have down time I tend to spend it working on recipes (OK, I guess that’s not really down time…), grabbing a coffee with friends, or actually sitting down to read a book.
That’s probably why I have so many shows on my shelfie list. What’s a shelfie? According to Netflix, it’s one of those shows you have been wanting to catch up on forever, and just haven’t gotten around to. My current list includes Scandal, Daredevil, and the show that irritates me but I also kinda love, Once Upon a Time.
My son loves Once Upon a Time too, so I thought it would be fun to bake up some special cookies to snack on while we watch an episode or two. I recently was gifted some sweet treats from Sugarwish as part of the lead-up to an event I’m attending next month. I was going to save them for the flight but I couldn’t resist baking up these mini Reese’s cookie bites with the mini Reese’s Pieces.
These cookies remind me a lot of the cookies we would buy at the Minnesota State Fair, which come in an ice-cream tub. Yep, lots of warm, mini, chocolate chip cookies served up in bulk. It’s no coincidence that the milk booth is nearby.
I love how easily these come together, and that their small size makes it seem like you have tons of cookies on hand! Mini food is always amusing to me, and obviously, it means you can eat more of them. That’s how it works.
These mini Reese’s cookie bites bake up in only a few minutes. Resist the urge to bake them for longer — you want them to stay soft after baking, and remember that they’ll also settle and firm up slightly while resting on the pan.
Bake up a batch of these today for loading up lunch boxes or just knocking a few back while you cross another show off your shelfie list.
Mini Reese's Cookie Bites (#streamteam shelfie time)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini Reese's Pieces , divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Stir in about 2/3 of the mini Reese's Pieces.
- Scoop dough by the teaspoon and roll each into a small ball before placing on parchment. Slightly flatten each ball and place extra Reese's Pieces on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, and let rest on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Sources: Cooking Classy, Simply Scratch, and Yammie's Noshery
Disclaimer: This post is part of my ongoing relationship with Netflix as part of their StreamTeam. All opinions are my own.
For more sweet inspiration, check out my Cookies board on Pinterest!