This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemony grilled potato salad is a light, bright twist on summer potato salads.
I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
We never really stop grilling here, but as soon as May hits we’re trying to get as many meals as possible cooked outdoors.
It’s not just about the grill — it’s about spending time in the sunshine, breathing in the fresh air and seeing what has changed in the world.
My younger son is at the age where everything is amazing. There’s no end to the amount of dirt he can dig up, and he begs to have a ladybug on his hand, only to shriek and shake it off when it gets just a little too far up his arm.
I’m trying to embrace that feeling myself, attempting to remember how free of deadlines and bills life used to be. It’s not that I didn’t realize how great I had it when I was a kid; it’s that I didn’t realize how hard it would be to get back.
Lately, we’ve also been making lots of this lemony grilled potato salad.
If you’ve never done grilled potato salad, I highly recommend it. It can be served hot or cold, and with practically any vegetable you like.
Sometimes I keep it super simple, as shown here, or I throw our favorite veggies into the grill basket along with the potatoes. Cherry tomatoes, green beans, and asparagus are particularly delicious!
I used Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Lemon Extract for the simple lemony dressing. While I try to keep lemons on hand, I can’t always be sure they won’t go bad before being used, so having lemon extract in the pantry is like an ace in my pocket when it comes to cooking and baking.
You can use Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Lemon Extract anywhere a recipe calls for lemon juice or lemon zest. Just 1/2 teaspoon of extract equals 1 tablespoon of juice!
You can make this lemony grilled potato salad in advance or right when you’re grilling the rest of your meal. A grill basket or pan is a necessity for this recipe, though you could also thread the potato pieces onto skewers if you like.
Lemony Grilled Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley, If desired
- Place potatoes in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Lightly spray a grill basket with cooking spray. Pour potatoes into pan and grill for about 15 minutes, until cooked through and crisping on the outside.
- While potatoes are grilling, whisk together lemon extract, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Once potatoes are cooked, pour into bowl and toss to coat evenly with dressing. Add sliced green onions and chopped parsley. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat.