Are you sick of jam yet? Somehow, I’m not. My in-laws were here at the end of May and we went blackberry picking one day. That week I made three batches of jam. I fully admit I’m a little crazy when it comes to jam, but it is so darn easy that I can’t help making a ton of it. And when you have big beautiful blackberries and a full-on bouquet of basil … well, I don’t know what other people do, but I make jam.
- 5 cups blackberries, crushed
- 1 cup no sugar added apple juice
- 1 box Ball No Sugar pectin
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh basil
- In a 6-quart stockpot or dutch oven, heat the blackberries and apple juice over medium-high. Stir in the pectin, and bring to a rapid boil. Add the basil, and up to 1 cup of honey, depending on your tastes. Return to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fill jars, and process in a hot-water bath for 10-15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 36Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g